Tuesday 26 June 2012

"Yuvraj begins training in Bangalore"


India news

Yuvraj Singh has a hit, Pune Warriors v Deccan Chargers, IPL, Pune, April 26, 2012
Yuvraj Singh is not rushing his comeback, but he is determined to make it back

Yuvraj Singh, the Indian batsman who is recovering from treatment for cancer, has begun training at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bangalore. Although he said he did not
want to rush his comeback, Yuvraj was hopeful of making the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka in September.
"I will be in [the] NCA for a while now. I want to come back and play for India, that's my goal. It's not very easy on the body. I have gone through a lot and my body has gone through a lot of shock," Yuvraj said. "People are expecting me to come back very quickly, but I don't want to rush. I will have to take my time and come back 100% fit.
"[I'm] feeling good. My body will become stronger stage by stage. Twenty20 world cup is my target. Hopefully I can be ready little before that." Yuvraj hoped he could play in some domestic tournaments as part of his comeback attempt.
Yuvraj was diagnosed with a type of cancer called "mediastinal seminoma", a germ-cell tumour located between his two lungs, in February. He underwent three sessions of chemotherapy in Indianapolis, at the IU Simon Cancer Centre at the Indiana University Medical Centre. He finished the last cycle of chemotherapy in mid-March, and his response had left his medical team "fairly confident" that he would not suffer a relapse.

Tags:

0 Responses to “"Yuvraj begins training in Bangalore"”

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Cric13.com. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks