Thursday 10 October 2013

Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from Test Cricket after 200th Test Match

Sachin Tendulkar announces he will retire from cricket after his 200th Test Match for India 

Sachin Tendulkar, regarded as the greatest batsman in the cricket history, announcing his retirement after his 200th match against the West Indies next month. Sachin Tendulkar had 24 years of cricket ended months of speculation. 

Today he announced his 200th Test match next month will be the last of the greatest batting career since Donald Bradman.

A statement issued by the Board for Cricket Control in India confirmed that Tendulkar’s decision, Test against West Indies will bring to a close an international career.

Since making his debut in 1989 as a 16 year-old against the fearsome pace of Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis, Tendulkar has set batting records that it is impossible to imagine will be surpassed given the rise of Twenty20 cricket in the modern game.

His announcement though came as a surprise with Tendulkar believed to have been preparing for a tour to South Africa later this winter and there is speculation in India he was told it was time to go, although this will be denied officially.

Sachin's statement:
“All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years,” he said. “It’s hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it’s all I have ever done since I was 11 years old.

"It’s been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test Match on home soil, as I call it a day.

“I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it's time! I thank my family for their patience and understanding. Most of all, I thank my fans and well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best.”

Tributes to Tendulkar have poured in from all over the cricketing world. “One of the Greatest ever is retiring... One of my heroes and an absolute joy to play against,” wrote Michael Vaughan on Twitter. Kevin Pietersen described him as the “undisputed champion of cricket”.

Tags: , , , , ,

0 Responses to “Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from Test Cricket after 200th Test Match”

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Cric13.com. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks